Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Guest Designer - Kelly Wayment

We're excited to have another Guest Designer joining us this month.

She is a super talented designer and we'd love for you to join us in welcoming ...




Here's a little background on Kelly.

Hi!  I’m Kelly Wayment, (a.k.a. krafting kelly in blog land).  I love all things paper and have had the opportunity of serving on a couple of design teams for the past three years—currently with Silhouette America.  I started my papercrafting journey as a scrapbooker in 1999, but enjoy making cards and various other paper projects these days, especially 3D creations.  Although I would love to spend all my time with crafts, I’m also a busy mom of four kids and work part-time as an accountant.  I love working with the charming Imaginisce papers and their matching embellishments!  

Now, let's take a look at the beautiful projects that Kelly has created for us today.


Tissue Box
I enjoy making tissue box covers for my kids’ school teachers each year, but when I saw the “Little Princess” collection, I knew I had to make a tissue box for my girls’ room!  Princesses abound in our household.  They like blue as much as pink and purple, so I used turquoise for the cardstock base and found plenty of cute dimensional stickers, buttons, and die-cut cardstock shapes in the collection to embellish it.

 

A little baker’s twine through the button holes adds a nice finishing touch.  I used a hot glue gun to firmly attach the buttons.

My girls adore their new princess tissue box, along with the other princess accessories I’ve made with this collection.  Here’s a view of each side of the tissue box cover:



Supplies Used:
Imaginisce Little Princess 12x12 patterned papers, dimensional stickers, buttons, and die-cut cardstock shapes
American Crafts cardstock
Tissue Box Silhouette Studio cutting file available here (free)


Post-it Note Holder
Here’s another fun project I made with the “Little Princess” collection.  I used a simple cutting file with my Silhouette CAMEO to make this little cover for post-it notes, but instead of using the included flower as the main accent, I used this glass-slipper dimensional sticker as the focal point.  

I reduced the flower’s size in the note-holder cutting file and cut enough for multiple flowers from the pinks and blues in the collection of pattern papers.  The adhesive gems are a perfect centerpiece to each flower.

And to dress up the notes inside, I used the stamps to place a little image on each note in the stack.  My girls are pretty excited about these personalized princess notes in a cute little holder!



I’ll be back next week with two more projects using this Little Princess collection!

Supplies Used:
Imaginisce Little Princess patterned papers (12x12 and 6” paper pad), adhesive gems, and stamps
Silhouette sticky note holder cutting file


***********

Thanks Kelly!
Aren't these super cute?  We love how Kelly has used our Little Princess collection.

Please join us again next Friday when we share more of Kelly's creations here on the blog!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tissue box is darling. Any little girl would be thrilled to have it in her room. Love the note holder. Would be a great gift or table favor. thanks for the ideas.

krafting kelly said...

Thank you, MaryLough!

cghundley said...

Super cute! The
tissue box is
lovely and the
note holder would
be great to use!
Carla from Utah

krafting kelly said...

Thank you, Carla! (A fellow Utahn.)

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Kelly I love your tissue box and post it note pad. I bet your girls love the tissue box too. So glad to have you designing for Imaginisce.

krafting kelly said...

Thanks, Marcia! Yes, my girls have loved both. :)

TracyM #6773 said...

CONGRATULATIONS and great getting to know you Kelly!!!
SUPER CUTE tissue box and DELIGHTFUL post-it notes, they are SO PRETTY and I LOVE your attention to detail in making them extra BEAUTIFUL!!!
Looking forward to see more of your work :)

krafting kelly said...

Thanks so much, Tracy!

Amy C. said...

Beautiful ideas! I love the decorative cover for the notepad. This would be great to give to teachers.

krafting kelly said...

Thank you, Amy! That is a good teacher gift idea; I hadn't thought of that.

Angela said...

Those are both really cute and fun!

krafting kelly said...

Thank you, Ange!

krafting kelly said...

Thank you, Barbara! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails